Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prayers, books, retreats...

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in with you. I've been busy working on books and articles and dealing with some health issues too. I'd like to ask for prayers for a woman I know in Texas where I gave a retreat. She is due to give birth in December and just had to be rushed to the hospital with complications. Please say a prayer for Rosie. She is so faithful and very sweet.

A received another urgent request for prayers for a mother who is in Kansas and is in the hospital with the swine flu. She is on a ventilator and her prognosis is not very good. She has two sets of twins at home. Please pray for her too.

So many of you have been patiently waiting for my new book about Mother Teresa titled, Mother Teresa and Me: Ten Years of Friendship. I am sorry that there has been a delay over at the publisher. I am told that it is moving along the process and we should be able to see its release in a couple of weeks or so. Again, I am very sorry for the wait. Thanks for your patience.

Additionally, I am giving a retreat this week end out of state at a beautiful and holy abbey. You can see their flyer here. Please keep all of the women in your prayers for God's holy will in their lives. Please pray for my journey and that God will speak through me to inspire others.

Thank you for accompanying me on this amazing journey through life! May God bless you and yours in great abundance!

God bless and hugs!

Donna-Marie

6 comments:

  1. Prayers to the woman you mention and to any mother who is ill and trying to care for children. Hoping this flu season passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your update, I was starting to miss your smiling face! I will keep you all in my prayers! Have a blessed and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni,

    Thank you very much for your kind words and prayers for the mothers who need them (all of us), especially those sick and in hospitals.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,

    It's good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. :) Thank you so much for your prayers!

    God bless and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Donna for mentioning my very sick friend. An update from this morning.....they have ruled out H1N1 for the most part and believe it is a rare form of strep causing a vicious pneumonia. The antibiotics have been changed and she should make a full recovery. However, that is a long way from now. Please continue to pray. Pray for all the sick people around the country. I am praying for you and the ladies of your upcoming retreat.

    Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Mary Catherine,

    I am so relieved to hear that your friend will be okay. I will keep up my prayers and have asked others to do so as well. I have my husband praying too.

    Thank you very much for your generous prayers for my retreat week end.
    God bless and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)