Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Season of Grace


The Advent season is always filled with many graces even as we rush from one event to the next trying to accomplish all we feel we need to do at a busy time of year. It seems to have flown by this year. But, that shouldn't surprise me. It speeds by each year, right?

I have been busy working hard to meet writing deadlines, have been giving talks and presentations, and doing radio shows. I released a new book, Rooted in Love: Our Calling as Catholic Women, I have delighted in family times, and have been missing my daughter in Thailand and my sister who recently passed away. I'm also dealing with a concussion and head pain (it's a long story!).

What have you been doing? How have you been blessed? This holy Christmas season is one filled with many miracles - the seemingly tiny ones and the bigger ones too. How have you been spending your twelve days of Christmas?

What plans do you have for the New Year? Have you had a chance to even think about the New Year yet, or are you relishing in your present moments of Christmas time? I hope you have a chance to pause and enjoy this holy time.

Feel free to share your news with us in the comment box below. I hope you will.

Happy twelve days of Christmas! God bless you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. We experienced a beautiful blessing on the third day of Christmas! We attended daily mass at Cathedral in Corpus Christi,Texas and after mass,Father Pete called a couple to come to the Altar for a special blessing.The couple was celebrating 64 years of marriage! I happened to have my camera and took their picture. After mass I asked them if I could get their address so that I could mail them a copy.They were delighted because their three sons had all been killed at war. This wonderful couple shared that through their difficult loss God has called them to work with the poor and they have a love for their ministry! Just this year Audrey has made 1400 PJ's for poor and sick babies and they have helped to feed over 70,000 meals to the poor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cathedral it is - I've been there. How wonderful that you were able to capture the special moment on film, Lydia. Thank you for sharing the beautiful story of this couple's ministry to the poor. They are doing amazing work - may God bless them in great abundance!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)