Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Saint Valentine's day!

My husband is SO romantic. This morning he said, "Happy Valentine's day!" to me.

And, he said it again too. He carried a present downstairs for me and as he plunked it down on the floor, he said, "Happy Valentine's Day!"





To which I shot back, "Oh, sorry, Sweetie, I am fresh out of laundry detergent."

My husband thinks he's funny. At that particular moment I didn't think his "expression of love" was very funny though--giving me a clothes hamper overflowing with his dirty work clothes.

I pause and think, I whisper a prayer and recall dear Pope John Paul II's words:

"MARRIAGE IS AN ACT OF WILL THAT SIGNIFIES AND INVOLVES A MUTUAL GIFT, WHICH UNITES THE SPOUSES AND BINDS THEM TO THEIR EVENTUAL SOULS, WITH WHOM THEY MAKE UP A SOLE FAMILY - A DOMESTIC CHURCH."

When my husband came home from work he surprised me with a big beautiful bouquet of pretty flowers and a sweet Valentine's card. I guess that made up for his poor attempt of humor this morning. :)

What's happening in your domestic church? Are you doing anything special to celebrate Saint Valentine's day?

Have a wonderful day!


God bless you and keep you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)