Saturday, March 29, 2014

Review: "The Miraculous Medal: Stories, Prayers, and Devotions"



"I converted to Catholicism many years ago but I have always felt a bit like an outsider when it comes to understanding how Mary cares for us and intercedes for us - so this book caught my eye because I was curious about the miraculous medal and I knew very little about it. I like how the book was divided into two main parts - essentially the story of how the MM came about and the second half included encouraging stories. The author related a lot of her own experiences handing out the medals and that was one of the more interesting things about the book I thought - how her efforts have touched the lives of others and I found that very inspiring. The book concludes with some prayers and devotions in case you aren't familiar with them (which I was not). Someone else commented that it does a good job of explaining the difference between superstition and faith and I agree - it really helped me to "get it" when it comes to why many (especially Catholics) feel a special connection to Mary.

I found this book so interesting that I read it in two days and it is one I would go back and read again. She writes with a clarity and sincerity that isn't overly sentimental but refreshing and inspiring and makes you think. If you are on the fence about this book - I'd say buy it. It would be great if she did a follow-up book with more stories - I'd buy that one too!" [as seen on Amazon]


Available here: www.donnacooperoboyle.com


God bless you and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)