Monday, November 30, 2009

Traditional Christmas novena


From EWTN:

"Today begins the traditional novena to St. Andrew, which begins Nov. 30 and runs until Christmas. EWTN’s Father Joseph gave an awesome homily about this novena today, http://bit.ly/8OK0sJ. His great, great uncle, who had been declared legally blind, said the short novena prayer some years ago and received his sight back on Christmas Eve. Here is the prayer, which should be said 15 times a day from now until Christmas:

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment In which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold. In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, O my God, to hear my prayer and grant my desires, [here mention your request] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His blessed Mother. Amen."

I plan to print out the prayer and carry it around with me so that I can pray it 15 times a day now until Christmas. I'll probably have a copy near my computer, one in the bathroom, one in my purse...How about you? Novenas are powerful!

God bless you as you embark on this journey of Advent!

Donna-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)