Thursday, April 29, 2010

St. Catherine of Siena


Saint Catherine of Siena is one of my favorite saints for sure. Take a look at my latest post on my saints' blog at the Goodness Reigns website for youth and young adults...

"Catherine was born on March 25, 1347, in Italy. One afternoon when she was six years old, she went for a walk with her brother. On the way home she saw the Blessed Mother seated upon a throne holding the Christ Child in her arms. The Child looked at Catherine and raised His hand to bless her as He smiled at her. Catherine’s heart melted and she lived her whole life afterward wanting to please Jesus so He would smile at her again.

Despite all her prayers, Catherine felt deserted by God until one day she questioned Him. He tenderly reassured her in her heart the whole time. She was then overwhelmed with peace..." Continued here at the GR blog.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually never heard that story about St. Catherine seeing the Christ Child in the arms of the Blessed Virgin. How beautiful!
    A somewhat irrelevant question: I was looking at the picture on your blog of the Blessed Virgin nursing baby Jesus and was wondering if you know where I could find a print of that image?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear "Sprout,"

    Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I agree it's very beautiful. Regarding your question, I am not sure. I bet you can GOOGLE it and find some answers.

    God bless!
    Donna-Marie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)