Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Today's teens and our darkened culture

My writer friend, "Peace Garden Mama" shares a poignant story - so essential for today's parents...

"While at a family-friendly eatery with my preteen daughters recently, I was taken aback as two teen girls in a nearby booth began freely discussing intimate details of their dating lives.

Hoping my daughters wouldn’t hear, I watched in dismay as they began to tune in, eyes widening.
Let’s just say some of the appetizers went untouched.

My conflicted feelings were as much for the older girls, who I couldn’t help but feel have been unknowingly deceived by our culture’s “if it feels good, do it” mentality, a message set in motion 40 years ago that has wreaked havoc on our youth.

Back when I was learning about sexually transmitted diseases, it seemed like only a few existed. Now, despite “safer sex,” the list has grown to 25 different varieties. And it seems like the number of infected people is growing... (whole story here)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)