Friday, October 8, 2010

Sweet times in Corpus Christi, Texas!

I just recently gave a key note talk at a woman's conference in San Antonio, Texas at an event put on by the Pilgrim Center for Hope. I am awaiting photos of the event to post here on my blog.  So, that will have to be in another post. After that amazing event in San Antonio where I spoke to 500 or so women and met with them afterwards at my book signing table, I went on to Corpus Christi, Texas to visit the women I gave a retreat to a little over a year ago and to see my dear friend, Fr. James Farfaglia whom I actually grew up with in Ridgefield, CT (but we didn't know it at the time!). I actually graduated one year before Fr. James. More on that in the Foreword I am writing for his new book which I'll tell you about soon.

While in Corpus Christi, Texas to visit at St. Helena's I also did a book signing at a local Catholic store called the Catholic Shoppe. The same day (in between the two book signings at the shop) I attended an impromptu luncheon put on by a sweet friend, Nury at her home. I say "impromptu" because Nury came up with the idea the afternoon before and put on such a beautiful luncheon you would have thought it was planned for weeks! Taco salad, fruit, fresh home made soup (just for me!), Sangria (yum!), and home-made flan, made by Nury. I'm sure there was more, too, but these are the highlights. I met with my friend Rosie's friends and gave a talk to them about Mother Teresa after our lunch and also signed books for the women. After that it was back to the Catholic Shoppe for another book signing. Then, later on that night, I enjoyed an informal dinner at St. Helena's with some of the women from the parish.

Here are a smattering of photos of the day:





















Then off to the luncheon at Nury's home...




During my talk

Book signing and chatting

More book signing and chatting with each woman as they met with me



Some of us who were posing for a picture (Gee, where's the humble hostess? Oh, there she is with her back to the camera!)



More of my talk



Stay tuned for more news and photos of the remainder of the day in a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)