Friday, November 19, 2010

"Mother Teresa and Me: Ten Years of Friendship" for Advent

A review of my book Mother Teresa and Me: Ten Years of Friendship (from Amazon.Com). This reviewer recommends this book as perfect for Lent. I'd like to suggest it as a book of reflection for Advent too.

Here's the review:

"This book was a fabulous read during this Lenten season. This book is an easy read, yet so deep. It is a personal, up-close relationship with a Saint, Blessed Mother Teresa. Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle has a gift from God that allowed her to share Christ by sharing Mother Teresa with us-the reader. I found the longing of my heart's search for Christ's passion for our souls in reading about Donna-Marie's relationship with Mother Teresa. Donna-Marie shares intimate moments of her life with us to show us how God works in all things. She shares intimate moments of her friendship with Mother Teresa so that we can be a part of this friendship by doing everything "with Jesus, for Jesus, and toward Jesus." It is not for the "holiest" of us, it is for all who thirst. Mother Teresa's view of serving Jesus in others one person at a time has helped me realize that I don't have to be called to a third world country to help the poorest of the poor. I need to start with the people in my own home, and go from there, loving one soul at a time. Pages 153-156 are some of my favorites.

I read this book while sitting in a whirlpool for my foot during physical therapy.

Agreeing with Donna-Marie, 'there is no such thing as a coincidence.' I shared this book with my physical therapist. It was beautiful! God is amazing!"

*******

You can see this review and others here.

The book and all of my others are available at my website: donna cooper oboyle.com

Thank you very much for your review. May God bless you in great abundance and may Mother Teresa guide you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)