Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Holy Whirlwind: Pittsburgh and Birmingham!



Just after my jam-packed week at the Catholic Marketing Network or CMN (more on that later) which was quite a holy whirlwind, by the way...

With Doug Keck, EWTN Host of Bookmark TV show

 I flew to Pittsburgh to give a key note to hundreds of women there. Immediately after, I headed for the airport and took two flights to get to EWTN where I would participate all week end at the Family Celebration (on a Live TV show as well as meet and greets and book signings). 

Getting ready to address the women


Some of the faith-filled women at the Magnificat Breakfast in Pittsburgh

As soon as I arrived at my Birmingham hotel, I had literally five minutes to quickly change and get to the stage (wherever that was!). I had to run to the elevator and make a call so I could meet up with the gentleman in charge at EWTN who would had me driven in a golf cart across the street to the venue. I called him as I was dashing to the lobby. Within a couple of minutes the golf cart pulled up to the door.


The breeze was blowing and there was a light mist in the air. As my hair was blowing all around (and God only knows what it would look like when I arrived on stage!), I was thinking (and actually expressed it out loud to the folks I was riding with) that God always keeps me at the edge of my seat, of not having the benefit of planning ahead (with the other women who arrived the day before to chat about the show), and after traveling, being left with almost zero time for changing and "hair and make up" (which is not a practice at EWTN, by the way). I surmised that, as always, God wants me to trust Him with everything--completely. 


I arrived at the back stage after trucking down the long hallways and was excited to see all of my Catholic girlfriends sitting on the sofa on the stage. As soon as my microphone was in place, the curtains opened--SHOW TIME!

Talk about a holy whirlwind!



I think I was deep in thought. :)

EWTN Family Celebration Airs This Weekend!

Here's the scoop:


"Women of Grace Special:" WOMEN, THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! What's so special about being a woman? What does God specifically call women to do? Be inspired by the women of EWTN. They include your host, Johnnette Benkovic, as well as Teresa Tomeo and Janet Morana (Co-hosts of "The Catholic View for Women" and more), EWTN Rome Bureau Chief Joan Lewis, Barbara McGuigan ("The Good Fight"), Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle ("Everyday Blessings for Catholic Moms), Joanna Bogle ("Feast & Seasons" and more), and "Women of Grace" Journalists Mary Jo Anderson and Kathy Mathieson. Airs 4 p.m. ET, Saturday, Aug. 24 and 6:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, Aug.31.


I hope you can tape or watch the show which re-airs today!



Here are other photos from the Live show:

1098229_10200558719870346_1232456138_n.jpg












On the show with the Women of EWTN!



God bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)