Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trodding through Lent

We are making our way through our Lenten days. I've been busy with travel and speaking events which I have been posting. Last week end was the Boston Catholic Women's Conference - a grace-filled conference for over 2,000 women to come together for some wonderful faith sharing and Catholic camaraderie. The week end prior to that I was among some beautiful faith-filled women when I gave a retreat day to them in New Jersey.

No time to catch my breath as I plow though much work on my desk, appointments and projects. But then again, there's no rest for the weary, right? Well, our good Lord gives us plenty of strength to do all we need to do. There are a couple of other big events for me coming up this month which I am looking forward to.


Meanwhile, I am working on some wonderful things for all of you. I recently enjoyed a phone meeting speaking with Raymond Arroyo about his newly released book about Mother Angelica titled: The Prayers & Personal Devotions of Mother Angelica that just hit the book stores on Tuesday. You'll see my "Book Pick" review in the National Catholic Register in the near future, as well as a review at Catholic Exchange and other places too.

I also just completed a Foreword to a book which will be released later on this year. When the time is right and I am allowed to mention it, I will be telling you about it here. :)

I am working on a couple of book projects which are very exciting. I'll fill you in when I can.

I'm thinking that I will post little excerpts from my key note speech here for a little inspiration for the journey. My talk title was "Taking Our Faith to the Streets: Mother Teresa's Lessons of Love." I hope to post a photo at some point from the Boston event of Cardinal Sean O'Malley and me when I get it from the photographer.

That's it for now. God bless and hugs!

Donna-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)