Monday, July 13, 2009

Tea and Sympathy


Isn't it comforting to sit with a cup of tea and commiserate with a friend, a sister, or a cousin? I've been wanting to set up this "Tea and Sympathy" spot for some time now. Speaking of cousins, I recently had a wonderful dose of "cousin time" the other night when I attended a surprise 50th birthday party for one of my cousins. I saw some relatives that I hadn't seen in quite some time. My cousins and I laughed, shed a few tears and relished in our time together! We promised to stay in better touch with one another and planned a get together in the very near future. It's great to connect with one another to share and just "be" together.

There's nothing like sitting down with someone to chat, to pray and share. With advances in technology that can certainly be used for the good, we are able to come together on the Internet too. Countless social networking sites have been set up where people are connecting and getting back in touch with one another. While we don't want the Internet to suck away precious time that we can be spending with our families and friends here in the flesh or take us away from responsibilities, we know that the Internet also affords us the opportunity to communicate that we wouldn't have otherwise. It can bring us together with like-minded people to evangelize and share.

I'm launching this "Tea and Sympathy" spot to gather with friends, to talk about something that's bothering you, raise ideas, to share, commiserate, and to ask for prayers. You may be anonymous if you're more comfortable. Don't be shy. We are certainly all linked together in one Body of Christ. We are all on this journey through life together!

Come over for a cup of "cyber tea"! What's on your mind? Do tell...


God bless!

Donna-Marie

(PS Be watching for some growth soon to this theme, this is just the launch!)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I love the picture too! I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Anne. Would you like a cup of tea? What's on your mind? What's happening in Australia?

    God bless and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)