Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A "Cup of Sympathy"


I've been down with the flu here and recently put a message on Face Book about gathering together to have a cup of "cyber" tea while praying for one another. Face Book friends responded and loved the idea. I then made another suggestion and I'd like to put it out here for all of you too.

I said, "Okay, here's the thought I woke up to this morning. Everyone who visited here (that was on Face Book) for "Cyber" tea is being asked by me to send some love, tea, and sympathy to someone, anyone. This will NOT be cyber tea. I'd ask that you take an actual tea bag, any kind and put it in a sweet note that you will send in the mail to someone who can use a little cheering up or someone you admire or someone who you get the sense could use a warm note and a chance to sit down, put his or her feet up and enjoy a cup of tea. Perhaps you'll write that in your note - suggest that he or she take out a few moments to wrap their hands around a hot cup of tea and savor the moments with their feet up and possibly even ponder and pray.

Of course, you don't want to force your Christianity on the person with directions to pray while drinking the cup of tea. But you know who you can say that to and who you maybe should not (but you will pray for that person!) Imagine their delight when they open up their mail and find a sweet note and even the thought of sitting down to that cup of tea. Mother Teresa always said that it's the simple things, a smile, a kind word, etc. These kinds of things work wonders, by God's grace.

And even better is if you have the opportunity to visit that person and have tea together! Let me know what you think and ask others to join in here. All are invited. And watch for my next suggestion. :) Oh, and try to send out your loving cup of tea within one week from today to make sure it happens. :)

God bless you all!♥"

So, if you feel inspired to send a cup of sympathy to someone, please do!

2 comments:

  1. Donna, a friend send me a little gift today -- a gift certificate for coffee. I feel like I got my bag of tea. Now it's my turn to send one to someone else. What a great idea! :) I am praying for you, sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I am not a hot tea drinker. But that won't stop me from sending a greeting. I plan to send a cross with Our Lady of Guadalupe on it to somebody I made a connection with over the Chritmas holidays. Faith builders are all around us, we just have to open our eyes and see them. And then let them into our hearts.

    Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)