Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blessings galore - my son's wedding!

How did my son grow up so fast? - something we parents often ask ourselves. I had a brand new reason to ask myself this question recently as my mind actually flashed back to my son's birth. He's always made me so proud as his mother. At Justin's wedding reception just a little over a week ago, I gave a short toast. One thing I mentioned was that I was not only proud of Justin because he was my son, but because of the human being that he is. I love him so! He chose a beautiful bride to spend the rest of his life with. I'll share just a few photos now and will come back soon to share some more.



With bride and groom and hubby at an informal photo session at a beautiful rustic location chosen for memorable photos (professional photos coming later). Notice the hat! There's a tall feather on it too, but hard to see here. The newlyweds had chosen a 1920's theme for their wedding day. I wore the hat for a while and then took it off since I am not used to wearing one - I could only stand it for just so long!



At the reception towards the end of the evening standing between my two amazing sons (groom on right).



Standing with my three daughters at the 1920's themed wedding reception.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have a lovely family! I love your brown and black outfit and the hat is wonderful!! congrats on having a new daughter in law!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Gardenia!

    The dress was tricky to find and I found the hat at an out-of-state vintage clothing shop.

    I love my new daughter-in-law!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat theme idea! Thank you for sharing your joy...How blessed we are to get a peek. God bless the newlyweds and the new domestic church!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany, thanks so much! Yes, God bless them!

    And God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, loved these photos, especially seeing you in that cute outfit. And between your handsome sons. So beautiful. I just get such a positive feeling from looking at these images. I'm happy for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Roxane! I'm glad you liked the photos! Thanks for your very warm and kind comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)