Saturday, January 1, 2011

Review of The Domestic Church: Room By Room

Sharing a review of my book from Amazon.Com

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!!!

This review is from: The Domestic Church: Room by Room A Mother's Study Guide (Paperback)
I am only halfway through this book, but it is a life-changer (or a life-affirmner if you are already on the right path). It makes you really think about the impact you have on the world as a wife and mother (and really, the impact that the whole of your family has on the world and on one another). The chapters will help you solidify your faith in areas that we all struggle in now and then.

This is a book I will keep on my shelf forever and will buy to give to friends. At the end of each chapter there are a few questions for review and reflection. It will be interesting to me to reread this book in a few years, including the things I've written, and see how I've grown as a wife and mother.

Perhaps husbands should read this book too (maybe even *after* wives have written their answers to the chapter questions). There is a lot of valuable information for the whole family and it is certainly a good discussion-starter. I am in a relationship w/ a man who is divorced (I am widowed), we are in our late 30s and between us, we have seven children. We are planning a marriage in the future and we are very deliberately reading and sharing these kinds of books to help our blended family and to help us grow as a couple. We are both faithful Catholics who have heavy burdens on us as single parents and as future step-parents to be an example of God's love and mercy to our children. This book is a wonderful tool to help on that journey of getting to the heart of what family means.

(And, I should mention, though it is a Catholic book, the advice and writing is applicable to any Christian.)




*******

Thank you very much, "Skyewalker." I pray that you will be richly blessed in your "domestic church." Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Amazon to help others know more about this book.

God bless you!

Donna-Marie

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Donna-Marie! It is a wonderful book and I am so glad that you continue to get validation of that! God bless and Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Lisa! God is good and I pray to spread inspiration. Happy feast of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God!

    Did you happen to do a study of this book? If so, I'd love a photo of your group. Also, please pass the word if you can, that I am looking for photos of the women's groups who have studied my books. I have a page on my website devoted to this.

    God bless you!

    Donna-Marie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)