Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My daughter's volunteer work in Thailand

While I am in Texas to be with my sister in her time of need, my dear daughter, Jessica is gearing up to leave for Thailand very soon to volunteer her time, talents, and heart to provide emergency support for women there on the Thailand/Burma border. 


I'll share her words below and offer a link where you can see more and possibly donate a few bucks to help her reach her goal. Thank you in advance for your prayers and monetary help. God bless you!

Jessica says:
Starting in September, I will be volunteering for about 6 months on the Thailand/Burma border as an American Jewish World Service (AJWS) Volunteer Corps (VC) volunteer. AJWS is an international development organization motivated by Judaism’s imperative to pursue justice and dedicated to alleviating poverty, hunger and disease among the people of the developing world, regardless of race, religion or nationality. Through grants to grassroots organizations, volunteer service, advocacy and education, AJWS fosters civil society, sustainable development and human rights for all people, while promoting the values and responsibilities of global citizenship. 
 In Thailand, I will be working with a women's empowerment organization that works to increase young people's access to educational opportunities, as well as to promote positive political activism among women. This organization provides gender and human rights trainings for female victims of rights abuses, provides emergency support for women who have been trafficked, and builds their outreach capacities to help them participate in the political process. 
 AJWS coveres the cost of airfare to and from Thailand, but I am responsible for all living expenses, food, health insurance, visas, transportation, and all other costs. I'm hoping to raise $3,000 to cover the cost of living for 6 months so that I can learn from and work with these inspiring women. I'm hoping to raise enough money by Friday, August 24th.

The link to see more and to donate is here: 
http://www.gofundme.com/tmhek


Thank you in advance! God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)