Friday, August 27, 2010

Mother Teresa's 100th birthday, my talk and book signing


Signing some of my books - Mother Teresa and Me: Ten Years of Friendship
at the Knights of Columbus Museum in New Haven, CT yesterday on Mother Teresa's birthday.


Delighted to see a Face Book friend and Connecticut resident, Michelle along with her children.


    Yay! The new Blessed Mother Teresa stamp unveiled! What an honor to pose with it!

     One of the many wonderful people who came to the event and my book signing.




A sweet little one visited me at my book signing table.


Posing with the bronze statue of Mother Teresa at the Museum.


Giving my talk.


At the end of the day - me with Peter A. Sonski Jr., the Director of Public Relations for the Knights of Columbus.


What a joyful, grace-filled day! Thank you, Knights of Columbus and staff for your wonderful and loving hospitality shown to me and my husband on Mother Teresa's 100th birthday. I'm sure that dear Mother Teresa was looking down upon all of us and blessing us.

The Knights of Columbus announced yesterday that the Mother Teresa Exhibit has been extended to April 4, 2011! I hope you can get there. It's at One State Street, New Haven, CT. Go to the Knights of Columbus Museum website for more information. Or call (203) 865-0400. Also check the Official Knights of Columbus website for more on the 100th birthday celebration of Mother Teresa.

My talk: "Discovering Calcutta in our Midst: Mother Teresa's Lessons of Love" will be added to the Knights of Columbus website soon. I'll keep you posted on that.

NOW UPDATED WITH THE VIDEO OF MY TALK. Just click in the middle of the frame below:


News Channel 8 covered some of the festivities, including the unveiling of the new Mother Teresa stamp and the birthday cake in honor of Mother Teresa's 100th birthday. You can see it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, thanks for stopping by! :)